Nokia 2600  » Phones  »
  • It's not my dream phone but I'm definitely grateful
  • It's definitely not the best phone if you consider Apple's Ipone 3G or any other more advanced mobile phone
  • There are a couple of things I like about Nokia 2600

• by divinagwapa

I just upgraded my phone after almost 3 years of using the same phone; I got a new phone a couple of weeks back. It’s a gift from my uncle, a Nokia 2600. It’s not my dream phone but I’m definitely grateful. Whoever turns down a gift anyway?

It’s definitely not the best phone if you consider Apple’s Ipone 3G or any other more advanced mobile phone. But in terms of functionality, the Nokia 2600 is good enough for me. The only use I have for a mobile phone anyway is for SMS messaging, receiving and making calls and games if I’m bored. It’s a simple phone for a simple

me at least for now.

There are a couple of things I like about Nokia 2600. The battery life is quite long. It can last for at least a day or two before I need to recharge it. Moreover, I can talk to my mom for a couple of hours in the phone without the interruption of low battery. I also like how it looks. It’s simple yet stylish. It’s flat phone, about 2-3 cm thick and very easy to carry around in your pocket. I can store as many contacts as I can and the phone has Bluetooth. I can send files to my laptop and from my ...

• laptop anytime I want.

On one hand, there are also a couple of things that I don’t fancy about the unit. It loads quite slowly. It takes a while before you can open your inbox and read your messages. It also takes an extra couple of seconds before it can send your messages. My other phone was more efficient than Nokia 2600. Also, the camera is not really that good. It can take clear messages during the day and even if it’s on night mode, the pictures are still of poor quality. Lastly, the memory is not enough. I can only store one complete song for my music files.

I’m so bummed with that.

As for now, I’m okay with the phone. Nokia 2600 is the kind of mobile you get if you only see it as a necessity. It can do all the basic stuffs for you. But if you’re looking for a luxury phone, this shouldn’t be on your list. The Nokia 2600 is way out of league in comparison to the more advanced units like the N series. Nokia 2600 is the kind of phone you give to the kids which is what I’m planning to do. In a few months maybe, I’m going to get a new phone and give the Nokia 2600 to my younger sister.

Nokia 2600

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371003626080731/k2311a0310/3.10.09