Bank of America  » Finance  »
1.0
Allentown, PA
  • I decided to go to a Bank of America bank even though I don't bank with them to verify if this check is valid
  • I do not carry credit cards with me unless I know I will need to use them

• by Lynn Moll

I received a check as a payment from a customer that I had a hard time getting payment from. When the customer finally gave me a check, I wanted to make sure it was a good check.

It was drawn on Bank of America.

I decided to go to a Bank of America bank even though I don’t bank with them to verify

if this check is valid.

Well, I was in for such a shock.

The tellers gave me such a hard time trying to cash this check because I did not have an account with Bank of America.

My valid identification was not enough for them.

I needed to show two valid major credit cards, and debit cards were not acceptable.

I ...

• do not carry credit cards with me unless I know I will need to use them.

I gave my driver’s license, social security card, debit cards, but that was not acceptable.

Any other bank uses a driver’s license and takes a thumb print if you don’t have an account with their bank.

I asked to speak with the bank manager, and after a

few minutes of arguing my case with him, he reluctantly agreed to cash the check, but informed in that in the future, and checks I need to cash, I will need to bring two major credit cards.

I could not believe I had to go through all that just to cash a check for $89! I will never open an account with this bank after that hassle!

Bank of America

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 421003625920731/k2311a0310/3.10.09