Amazon Kindle 2 Cover  » Electronics  »
  • I like it that it opens the Kindle exactly like a book, and it kind of looks important
  • In my opinion, the Amazon cover needs a place to slip some ID into it

• by Rhonlynn

When I recieved my Kindle 2, I knew I had to get a cover of some kind. The Kindle would become dingy, and even with a gelskin, it’d be scratched. My first choice, was not the Amazon Kindle 2 cover. For one, I wanted something pretty, like the Oberdesign.

com covers…. but, for 75, not now. Frankly, the Kindle 2 should come with a cover, but I’m not the people at Amazon.

com. I chose the Amazon. com cover, mainly for the price, and one of the

features: it has locked hinges on the inside spine, and the Kindle 2 has grooves for the hinges.

It locks tightly, and takes a bit of force to bring the Kindle 2 loose. That’s a neat feature. It is basic black leather, and opens like a book.

It has a pebble finish. It is slightly padded, and has firm innerworkings. The Kindle is well protected in this cover.

It adds no weight to the Kindle. My purse is just big enough to carry the Kindle ...

• 2 inside it, and the cover adds no weight or no extra bulk. I kind of like this cover.

It’s plain, and is nothing to look at, but to me, that doesn’t matter. If it had come in brown, then I might have chose brown. I like it that it opens the Kindle exactly like a book, and it kind of looks important.

When I first put the cover on the Kindle 2, I caught myself trying to turn the “page” then I realized I was

reading the book from the Kindle. In my opinion, the Amazon cover needs a place to slip some ID into it. Maybe some kind of strap to close it, as well.

It is lacking this. But again, it’s the only cover that causes the Kindle 2 and cover to become one peice. For $29.

99, it’s not that bad. I’m going to rate it at a 9, cause there’s no pocket in the cover to place ID or a pen or notes, and no latch or strap to close it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16803625031031/k2311a038/3.8.09