Panasonic 42 in. Class Plasma TH-42PX80U  » Electronics  »
  • I know some people are thinking why did you buy a 720P television
  • I don't regret this decision at all hooked up with my Playstation 3, and my surround sound I get compliments all the time for my set up

• by David Boston

Panasonic 42 in. (Diagonal) Class Plasma Integrated HDTV (720p), VIERA. I know some people are thinking why did you buy a 720P television. Well I don’t sit nearly close enough to it to notice the difference between a 720P and 1080P and honestly I didn’t want to spend the extra money on it. Let me tell you I’m extremely happy

with what I have gotten in this TV. Sometimes it doesn’t seem like the green, and red are a little bit off. It’s better than my old television which showed the colors in a really bland way.

II have had any problems with burn in even when I watch stations like CNN, and ESPN where they have the constant ticker across the bottom. I’m pretty sure that most plasma have ways of countering the burn in that some f the older models experienced. Also Panasonic is also one of the leaders in Plasma which is why I opted for this brand.

I don’t regret this decision at all hooked up with my Playstation 3, and my surround sound I get compliments ...

• Panasonic 42 in. Class Plasma TH-42PX80U
      all the time for my set up. People really seem to like the TV.

I would suggest that if you get this TV to make sure you have surround sound. While the speakers on the TV are alright surround sound is needed for the full brilliance of this television. Without it; it’s still kind of boring. A nice picture with not

so great sound just isn’t worth it.

In less you plan on sitting really close to the TV or you have the money to future proof your TV for a while. I would just stick with the 720P for this size television 1080P just isn’t needed. If I’d had the money though I may have opted to future proof my setup.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16803624610331/k2311a038/3.8.09