Presto 05443 CoolDaddy Deep Fryer  » Housewares  »
  • I always get the most delicious tasting fries from it
  • Since then I have found an easy solution to that problem though
  • On average I try to feed myself and my family healthy, wholesome, nutritious foods, but once a week I like to treat myself and family to some home made cheeseburgers and french fries

• by betsyraeduke

I wish to tell you about my Presto 05443 CoolDaddy Deep Fryer. This fryer includes a large fry basket with a handle attachment which makes it easy to lift my food from the oil and let the excess grease drain off. The oil pan comes off for easier clean up. The settings go up to 375 degrees. Using this device is fairly simple. All I have to do is put in the oil, select the correct temperature for what I’m frying with the temperature dial and then there is a light which goes out when the oil has reached the right temperature. Then I just press a button to open the lid and place the fry basket with my food inside.

I use this device on average of once a week to make french fries. It does a very good job on that. I always get the most delicious tasting fries

from it. However, my husband occasionally tries to use it to make deep fried mushrooms which have the breading on them. It doesn’t do such a great job on those. The mushrooms cook okay, but the breading stuff on them sticks to the basket and makes a nasty mess.

This device can be a bit messy to cook with in general. The first time I used it I had oil all over my counter afterward even though I had the lid shut during use. Since then I have found an easy solution to that problem though. Now I simply place a sturdy, non stick baking sheet under my fryer before I use it. This way, the baking sheet catches most of the grease that drips from the fryer and makes clean up a whole lot easier!

As I mentioned earlier, I use my fryer once a week to make french fries. On average I ...

• try to feed myself and my family healthy, wholesome, nutritious foods, but once a week I like to treat myself and family to some home made cheeseburgers and french fries. One thing I really like about my deep fryer is that the basket is large enough to make enough fries to serve everyone in my family a rather generous helping all in one shot! Not to mention, the fries come out golden brown and perfect every time!

Something to keep in mind if you are considering purchasing this fryer, there is no on/off switch so you should be careful when you plug it in.

A good feature about this fryer is that the outside of it stays very cool during use. I like that because if I, or worse, one of my children, happen to touch or brush up against it in some way while it is in use, we do not get

burned. To this point, there is also a safety feature on the basket which requires you to press a button in order to release it into the oil. This also helps prevent and protect you from getting burned by reducing grease splatter when inserting the basket.

In conclusion, I would say that this fryer has some really good qualities, but has room for improvement. It is great for french fries, but not so good for my husband’s mushrooms. The exterior stays cool during use, which is a good thing, but it does not have an on/off switch which can cause a problem if you are not careful. Finally, this fryer is easy to use but if you don’t put something under it to catch grease during use, clean up will be a bit of a bear. It’s an alright fryer but do exercise good sense while operating and realize that some foods might stick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53803624310331/k2311a038/3.8.09