Oster 6293 Toaster Oven with Convection Cooking  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • Something that I don't like about this oven is that during use the outside of it gets extremely hot
  • However, I do not recommend toasting bread in this oven unless you like it extremely burnt

• by betsyraeduke

I was recently given an Oster 6293 Toaster Oven for my birthday. So far, I would have to say that it is not great. Features of this toaster oven are as follows:

Maximum temperature of up to 450 farenheight 6 slice capacity Includes crumb tray Has convection cooking feature

I have used this oven for a few things, mainly small, personal size pizza’s, pot pies and frozen, breaded cheese sticks. It seems to work quite well for all of that. However, I tried to use it to make toast a couple of times and it burnt my bread charcoal black both times! After that I just gave up and using it to toast bread and have not even attempted to use it for bagels

or rolls for fear of the same thing happening.

So far I have found that this toaster oven is easy to clean. It has a removable crumb tray to start with. So after I remove and empty the crumb tray, I just wipe down the inside and outside of the oven with a damp clothe and it wipes clean in a breeze. Then just replace the crumb tray and all done! That is a feature that I like!

Something that I don’t like about this oven is that during use the outside of it gets extremely hot! The first time I used this oven I touched the side of it during use with my hand and I am sure I would have received at ...

• least a second degree burn from it if I had not pulled my hand away so quick! This concerns me very much as I have two young children, both of who like to watch me and often try to “help” me while I am busy in the kitchen. I am scared to use my toaster oven when my kids are home for fear that one of them will touch the oven while it is in use and get badly burned!

Some more good points about this toaster oven is that it is large enough that it can fit a large amount of food for what it is, yet it takes up very little counter space. It is also kind of stylish looking and

looks a little classy sitting on my counter.

In conclusion, I have found that this oven is good for a few things, but I have yet to find anything that I can safely make, (without fear of burning it), in this device that I can not make in my microwave just as well and just as quick. It is also a nice looking unit and won’t use a lot of counter space. However, I do not recommend toasting bread in this oven unless you like it extremely burnt. Most importantly, if you have small children then I would have to strongly suggest that you do not buy this particular toaster oven as the outside of it gets dangerously hot during use and could cause severe injury!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53803624260331/k2311a038/3.8.09