Farouk Chi Gf1001 1″ Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener
  • As others with naturally curly hair might be able to relate to, there are days when I love it, and others when I hate it
  • I don't have this problem with this straightener

• by betsyraeduke

My hair is naturally curly. As others with naturally curly hair might be able to relate to, there are days when I love it, and others when I hate it! I have tried several different straightening irons over the years, but none of them compare to the Farouk Chi Gf1001 1″ Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener. I bought this baby a year ago and I love it!

I originally got this iron just to straighten my hair, but it does so much more then that. There seems to be nothing this iron can’t do! I use to straighten, curl, flip and wave my hair. I can do all of this with my Farouk Chi and all pretty fast.

This is a simple flat iron. It has only one setting, which works

on any hair type. It takes about three minutes or less to heat up.

I love my Farouk Chi straightener for so many reasons. For one thing, I have very thick hair. With other straightening irons that I have owned it took over an hour to straighten my hair. I had to straighten very small sections at a time and go over and over each section repeatedly. Even then I often did not get the results that I desired. With my Chi, I need only lightly go over each bit of hair once. Within thirty minutes or less all of my hair is shiny and straight. If I want to add in a few curls or waves here and there or flip the ends, this can be achieved in just ...

• a couple extra minutes.

Another wonderful thing about this iron is the condition that it leaves my hair in after I use it. The straightening irons that I have used in the past fried my hair and left the ends dry and brittle. I don’t have this problem with this straightener. The Farouk Chi leaves my hair feeling velvety soft and it gives it a shiny, healthy look as well.

This iron is a little pricier then other straightening irons. I paid a little over $100 for mine. There are a few places online that offer this same iron for around $60 to $70 but I have come to find out through friends that most places offering this iron for that little are rip offs and they will send you a defective

iron. However, this iron is far superior to other straightening irons and doesn’t damage your hair the way most straighteners do. Therefore, it is well worth the price.

In conclusion, this is a great hair tool. It can be used to create any hair style that you desire. With the Farouk Chi straightener, you can style your entire head of hair in minutes, even if you have lots of thick, unruly hair. It’s a bit pricey for sure, but worth every dollar. After using this iron, your hair will be soft, shiny and slick. This iron will not damage or fry your hair in any way and it is very easy to use. If you want great hairstyle results without compromising the health of your hair, this is the iron of choice!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16803624180331/k2311a038/3.8.09