Kyocera Wild Card Cell Phone  » Phones  »
  • I recently upgraded from my plain, boring basic cell to the Kyocera Wild Card, offered by Virgin Mobile
  • I have been using Virgin mobile service for quite some time and decided I wanted a phone with more bells and whistles , such as a full keypad for starters, and this phone seemed like the best choice
  • Hitting the wrong button by mistake seems to be a common problem that I have with it
  • When I went to play a game on this phone, I found that it does not come with games that are ready to play
  • I love Virgin Mobile cell phone service and to me, the fact that this phone is used through Virgin Mobile makes it all that much the better

• by betsyraeduke

I recently upgraded from my plain, boring basic cell to the Kyocera Wild Card, offered by Virgin Mobile. I have been using Virgin mobile service for quite some time and decided I wanted a phone with more “bells and whistles”, such as a full keypad for starters, and this phone seemed like the best choice.

This phone has dual screen displays, one inside and one outside. This is a flip phone which opens to reveal a full keyboard inside. The outside has a basic number pad and the phone can be used closed for making phone calls or other basic functions.

This phone features a 1.3 megapixel camera which has a self timer, flash and multiple adjustments. This phone is also has Bluetooth technology as well as many other standard cell phone tools.

This phone is stylish looking with its thin design and overall small size. It only comes in black, which I’m not fond of, but that is easily

solved with a nice face plate to cover it. (Note: If you look for a faceplate for this phone you may have a hard time finding one that is listed for Kyocera “Wild Card”, however, it is easy to find them for the Kyocera M1000, which is basically the same phone, just offered through a different cellular service).

As I mentioned, this phone comes with a full keyboard. Having a full keyboard makes texting and surfing the web easier. However, you do have to take some care when using the keyboard as the buttons are quite small and close together. Hitting the wrong button by mistake seems to be a common problem that I have with it.

The call quality on this phone is good. Every call that I make or receive with this phone is clear and easy to hear and understand.

Both of the screens on this phone are quite satisfactory to me. They are clear and easy to ...

• see. The inside screen is a bit bigger then the outside screen. This makes perfect sense since the inside screen is the one that is used when texting or doing anything on the web.

I find that the cam on this phone works fair, however, it usually doesn’t take sharp, clear pics. Though, I have never found any cell phone that takes pictures as well as my regular digital camera.

I don’t play games on my cell phone very often, but I do on occasion when I need to kill a little time and don’t really have any other options available to do so. When I went to play a game on this phone, I found that it does not come with games that are ready to play. However, there are tons of games which can be downloaded to this phone. I was able to find a couple games which suit me fine.

One thing I really like about this phone

is that I was able to get it through the cellular company that I currently use. I love Virgin Mobile cell phone service and to me, the fact that this phone is used through Virgin Mobile makes it all that much the better. I already have a review on Virgin Mobile service somewhere around here and this review is about the phone itself, so I won’t ramble on to much about service here, but I will say that Virgin Mobile is darn good for prepay/pay as you go cellular service.

All things considered, I am quite satisfied with my Kyocera Wild Card cellular phone. It’s a pretty decent phone which comes with Virgin Mobile’s great service. The phone is small and cute. The cam isn’t that great but it’s okay. It has clear, easy to view display screens and a completely functional menu. The buttons could be a little bigger, but other then that, it’s a nice little phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37803624160331/k2311a038/3.8.09