Cuisinart DLC-2 Mini Prep Plus 3 Cups Food Processor  » Housewares  »
  • There are a number of things that I like about this device

• by betsyraeduke

I received a Cuisinart DLC-2 Mini Prep Plus 3 Cups Food Processor as a gift a few years ago. When I received it, I did not know if I would ever use it, but I have found it it to be quite handy.

The Mini Prep has rubber on the bottom so it doesn’t scratch my countertop or table when in use. The bowl that comes with it is see through and has a handle. The lid is see-through also. Everything locks into place and the

blades do not move until all is secured.

I have found several uses for my Mini Prep Plus food processor. I find that it is great for chopping veggies such as celery, carrots, radishes and cucumbers. I also use it to grind onions, garlic, nuts, dried fruits, fresh apples and a number of other things. Anytime I need something finely chopped or ground this unit comes in handy.

There are a number of things that I like about this device. I can’t accidently cut myself while using ...

• it because it does not work until everything is locked and secured. It’s easy to use and maintain. Cleaning it is quick and easy. It chops or grinds everything that I want it to perfectly. Also, this machine is stylish looking.

A few things that I do not like about my Mini Prep Plus are that I must pre-cut items before it will chop or grind them evenly. One of the blade holders cover the center hole while in use and when the blade is removed

some food falls out of the hole and usually lands on the floor.

Overall I have found that it is a handy unit for small food processing jobs. It does a good job of chopping or grinding things if you quarter the items first. Clean up is pretty easy, usually the unit just wipes clean with a little soap and water. I have found mine to be of more use then I originally thought I would. All things considered, I would say that it is a pretty good product.

claire armen says :

Question for Cuisinart Model DLC-1SS How do I put together the blade with the white part? Thank You

Galega says :

You will need a screw driver to do so. Put the position of the blade at the appropriate space and use screw driver to fix it. You can’t do it by hand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53803624150331/k2311a038/3.8.09