Ashanti  » Music  »
  • I started listening to Ashanti during the early 2003 period, I think
  • And I thought that she has a pretty good voice

• by eryana09

I started listening to Ashanti during the early 2003 period, I think. And I thought that she has a pretty good voice. During that time, the existence of Rihanna in the music industry wasn’t born yet and Ashanti was one of the young talents out there, besides the girl band TLC.

But she started out as a solo artist and one thing that many of

you out there might not know is that she is a pretty good writer. In the sense that she wrote her own lyrics. Awesome, I say. But the songs are not that fantastic. If only she could get some powerful song writers to write for her, I think she could start off well.

Her songs are pretty average in this album, but I ...

• don’t doubt her lyric writing credibility. Maybe she has to start from the top. Like for instance, comparing the success start of Rihanna, that is what I mean. Or perhaps image has got something to do with it..? Not sure. Maybe she started to make her entrance in the music industry way too early.

I wonder what if she were like to

come at least now, during the American Idol era, what would have become of her singing fate. That is another story altogether. With that said, this album is quite alright and calls for easy listening.

But perhaps Ashanti wants it that way, to be low profile and to make average to awesome type of music. Whatever it is, I give this album review a rating of 7.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14803624070331/k2311a038/3.8.09