Siloderm
  • Till then, I thought this cream is only for diaper rashes but now I would recommend Siloderm ointment for any baby related wounds

• by adit
      My 2 year old son is very much prone to diaper rashes. Though I don’t use diapers very often at home, I had to use when I take him out.

I apply gohnsons cream thoroughly before putting diaper but still he gets rashes.

My doctor

in India prescribed Siloderm, an ointment to treat diaper rashes.

It is very effective.

I used to apply very little siloderm ointment in the area affected with rashes and leave it open for 2 hrs.

I apply in the night when my kid is fast ...

• asleep.

And there will not be a sign of rashes in the morning.

It smells like rosewater and gives a cooling effect when applied.

Hence kids will not oppose when we apply.

Recently, my son fell in the play ground and got hurt in knee.

It started bleeding slightly.

I didn’t have any ointment handy except siloderm.

I applied on the injured area and to my surprise,it got heeled.

Till then, I thought this cream is only for diaper rashes but now I would recommend Siloderm ointment for any baby related wounds.

Lalitha says :

My kid is had viral fever and rashes on his body, hands thighs, abdomen. Can I use siloderm for this kind of rashes

Galega says :

Viral fever with rashes can be symptoms of some disease, including Dengue. I would suggest you to be in touch with your doctor rather than using Siloderm.

Sania mir khan says :

Hello sir I was having severe pimples on face but when I applied siloderm they are vanished so due to that pimples I have scars on face so can I apply siloderm on my scars? Can it heals scars?

Galega says :

Siloderm isn’t intended to cure scars. However, you should continue using it for 2 - 3 days for the complete healing of the pimples (if it has really worked for your pimples). Generally, pimple scars go away on its own, if it is completely healed.

Sania mir khan says :

thank you so much sir siloderm is actually working nicely to cure my pimple am very happy for that cuz I have consult dermatologist but the pimples was continously coming..so sir can u suggest me any cream for acne scars plz u can suggest me so what home remedies also it would be a great pleasure…

Galega says :

You can try Erythromycin 2% solution topical gel. It is a very good gel for acne and pimples and works perfectly.

anitha kothandan says :

hello.. Last 4 days before I got hurt in left hand near index finger by the steam while opening cooker. Its deep wounded and the skin peeled off. shall i use siloderm for this wound….

Galega says :

Not Siloderm, I would suggest you to use Silverex on the affected area. That should give result within two days. Silverex is more suitable for your kind of wound.

Sushant Bhoir says :

i have stretch marks 3-4 yrs old. can i apply soliderm on them.. will it show any effect or help in fading it or vanishing it.

Galega says :

I would suggest you to try Contractubex Cream which is quite good for old stretch marks. Siloderm may not be effective in your case.

Karthik R says :

hi,

my kid has severe burning rashes around anus , once he gets loose motions and he used to cry a lot for burning rashes

Galega says :

Sildoderm can be useful in this condition. Even a diaper rash cream (preferably Himalaya Diaper Rash Herbal Cream - Rs. 94) can be useful in this situation.

When it comes to kids, don’t forget to mention the age while asking for any suggestion.

Srinivasa Prasad. says :

Hello sir,

I have Lichen planus pigmentation (LPP) on my face Siloderm is helps to clear this??????????

Galega says :

Lichen planus pigmentosus (LPP) is a rare form of lichen planus. Siloderm can’t completely cure it. You must consult a dermatologist for the same.

arpita says :

Hello,I meat with an accident before dome days,I have got some minor injuries on my leg as well as my hand so can I use siloderm??

awezome-writer says :

Siloderm is really meant for baby diaper rash and not for injuries. If you are concerned with scarring after the injury, you can try contractubex instead.

Galega says :

In this case, first thing you need to do is to apply some antiseptic cream on the wound. Then, bandage may be an option, depending on the nature of injury. If wound develops, take antibiotic medicines and apply Fourderm. Sidoderm may not be an ideal solution for your kind of requirements.

Khadar says :

Sir, can siloderm be used along with antihistamines like tminic drops for my 7 month baby who is suffering along with cold.

Galega says :

There should not be any problem in giving Siloderm along with Antihistamine medicine. However, since your baby is only 7 months old, I would strongly advise you to first consult a pediatrician before proceeding.

Priyanka says :

My baby is 4.5 month old. She had mosqueto bite on face. Use of siloderm is safe on her face.

Galega says :

There is no need of using any medicine for mosquito bite, Priyanka. It will go away on its own. Why should you use an ointment for that. Please wait for 2 - 3 days and the skin of your baby will be perfectly fine.

Ensure to use mosquito net. The issue is not scar of mosquito bite, but the disease a mosquito bite can spread to your baby.

GOPAL says :

Is Siloderm is effective for an aged patient if the pressure wound Bed Sour is half an inch deep ?

Galega says :

I don’t think Siloderm can help you in this case. The bed sour is already half an inch deep. I can feel how painful it is for you.

It will be better for you to consult a doctor and go for regular dressing. Keep changing the position you used to take for sleeping. Use a bed, which can help you to keep pressure sore away.

-45
    Narmadha says :

Hi My 8 month old baby got loose motion and due to freq urination and motions, and I wiped off the area with a damp cloth, the first layer of skin peeled off and it is looking like a burnt skin. He is crying, screaming with pain and couldnt sit or ly with back. Can I apply Siloderm for this?

Galega says :

Yes, you can apply Sidoderm in the given situation.

nakeeb says :

hi sir, my 4 years baby got motion area was burn and around the motion area doctor suggested apply siloderm cream affect area daily 3 times per day for this ?

Galega says :

Yes, it can be used in the given situation. Your baby should get relief within 2 - 3 days. Use as per instructions.

nakeeb says :

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54100662360230/k2311a0610/6.10.06