Voltron: Space Explorers Captured  » TV  »
  • In fact, I couldn't remember anything about the show except that I was obsessed with it as a kid (I think I even still have one of the toys somewhere at my parents' house)
  • I do want to point out the show is definitely a lot more violent than I remember
  • I like going back down memory lane but I'm not sure if this is a show I would want my daughter watching

• by Steve

Ok, it has been years since I watched the cartoon Voltron. In fact, I couldn’t remember anything about the show except that I was obsessed with it as a kid (I think I even still have one of the toys somewhere at my parents’ house).

So, tonight, I got a bit bored and decided to watch the first episode of the show on Netflix; “Space Explorers Captured” and,

while the special effects obviously aren’t as good as they are in newer cartoons, I can remember what I saw in the program.

This first episode does a decent job introducing (or in my case, re-introducing) the main storyline about the robot Voltron and how the forces of evil curse him before starting their path of destruction.

You get introduced to the Space Explorers as they are captured ...

• by the bad guys.

You have the leader Keith, the tough guy Hunk, Lance and Sven and I think the fifth one is called Pidge.

I’m not exactly sure what Pidge is supposed to be.

He’s kind of kid-like but he also is a bit, well, girl-like.

Just look at his hair and that outfit.

I do want to point out the show is definitely a lot more

violent than I remember.

I like going back down memory lane but I’m not sure if this is a show I would want my daughter watching.

I mean in this very first episode, they are slaughtering slaves.

That might be a bit too much for a young child.

But, I’m glad one of my favorite programs as a child legitimately had entertainment value so I can watch it as an adult too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10803623430131/k2311a038/3.8.09