A-Team: Mexican Slayride  » TV  »
  • When I was a kid, we used to make the show A-Team a weekly viewing experience
  • You also have an interesting plot, you have a reporter in Mexico who is taken hostage by a bandit and his gang (I'm not sure why they just don't kill him) and the A-Team is hired by his friend to aid in the rescue

• by Steve

When I was a kid, we used to make the show A-Team a weekly viewing experience. But, I’ve never seen the first episode; Mexican Slayride before.

That is until tonight.

The 2-hour long episode does a great job introducing the main characters of the show (with a different actor playing “Face” of course) as well as explaining why exactly they are fugitives from

the law.

You also have an interesting plot, you have a reporter in Mexico who is taken hostage by a bandit and his gang (I’m not sure why they just don’t kill him) and the A-Team is hired by his friend to aid in the rescue.

We learn a great deal about how they screen their potential clients and even a bit about ...

• the characters themselves (Face, for example, spends his time visiting a priest in a hospital while B.

A.

works with inner city children).

Of course, this episode also shows some of the cheap stunts that sold the series.

For example, early on, you have a car chase involving an old truck.

In one scene, the truck loses its tail gate.

Then, a couple seconds

later, the tail gate is back.

But, by the time the chase ends, the tail gate is lost again.

It reminded me a bit of other shows from this time period; like Dukes of Hazzard.

Still, as far as shows are concerned, there has never been a television series that successfully replaced this one and I’m glad I finally got a chance to see how it all began.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10803623421231/k2311a038/3.8.09