Dr. Who: Rose  » TV  »
  • Tonight I had a chance to watch the very first Dr. Who episode Rose and, at least based on what I saw in that episode, I think this series isn't too bad
  • Considering it is a television series and not a high-budget blockbuster movie, I was very impressed with the special effects and the acting in the show
  • The other main character, Rose, is interesting as well but a bit ditzy for my tastes

• by Steve

Sci Fi re-made the television show Dr. Who some time ago but I’ve never had time to watch the first episodes of it and, because I had no idea what was going on, never watched the later ones either.

Tonight I had a chance to watch the very first Dr.

Who episode “Rose” and, at least based on what I

saw in that episode, I think this series isn’t too bad.

Considering it is a television series and not a high-budget blockbuster movie, I was very impressed with the special effects and the acting in the show.

The living manequins were kind of creepy and the main bad guy (which consisted of a living blob of melted plastic was very ...

• cool.

The episode does very little to explain who the Doctor is.

But, we get some hints in pictures of him from hundreds of years before; indicating he has been on the planet for a while.

And there are quite a few references to some sort of war.

The other main character, Rose, is interesting as well but a bit

ditzy for my tastes.

I mean her boyfriend is turned into a plastic man and she doesn’t even notice his shiny skin or the fact he is acting very weird.

I’m not sure why the Doctor even invites her to go along with him at the end.

Some sort of crush?

In any case, this episode has me interested in seeing more of the show.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10803623301231/k2311a038/3.8.09