Green Acres: Parity Begins at Home  » TV  »
  • I don't watch this old show too often but episodes like this make me wish I was home in the afternoons more

• by Steve

I’m home early today and I’m watching an episode of Green Acres “Parity Begins at Home. ” This is one of those episodes that focuses on Mr.

Douglas’ efforts to make changes in his farming community, whether or not they are right or wrong.

In this case, he wants to plant his entire farm in

wheat but isn’t allowed to by the farm bureau so he starts a protest.

I love the meeting he puts together.

You have some people who are upset because they are missing the show “Gomer Pyle” to people who can’t understand a word he’s saying either because he’s using words they don’t understand ...

• or because they are too deaf to hear him.

It reminded me of a bunch of meetings I used to have to attend.

Of course, you have all the same old jokes you get used to from this series, relating to the house having an outdoor shower to jokes involving Mr.

Kimball.

But,

they had some cute little jokes too, including the various references to Gomer Pyle.

That was nice cross advertising if you ask me.

I don’t watch this old show too often but episodes like this make me wish I was home in the afternoons more.

It would be the first thing I had showing on my TV.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10803623091231/k2311a038/3.8.09