Law & Order SVU: Hothouse  » TV  »
  • I like this show but I think it is time to pull the plug

• by Steve

I can tell you exactly how you can tell when a show has jumped the shark and it might be time to put it out of its misery; when you watch a brand new episode and you feel you’ve seen it before. The Law & Order SVU episode “Hothouse” is a good example of this.

I got

around to watching it last night and just felt like it was the same plot I’ve seen before; either on this show or one of the other Law & Order shows.

You have a student who is found in the Hudson River and, after a variety of searches that include Benson dressing up as a madam (and ...

• we know why the writers wanted that), they learn the girl is in this school for gifted students that tends to put too much pressure on them.

Long story short (and sorry for ruining the ending for you but I have to), it was her roommate who was stressed out over the girl being smarter than her

and she killed her during a fight.

Later we learn she’s on some sort of drug that has kept her awake for days and that’s to blame for the murders.

I was yawning halfway through this episode and found myself ready to turn it off before the very predictable ending.

I like this show but I think it is time to pull the plug.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10803623071231/k2311a038/3.8.09