Buck Hill  » Travel  »
Burnsville, MN
  • They have 15 different runs to skiers and snowboarders of all abilities, 11 lifts including 2 Quads and a Triple chairlift and the best snowmaking systems in the Midwest ( just in case there is not enough snow)
  • Rates for skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing vary depending on the length of time but is definitely reasonable
  • My personal experience in Buck Hill It was my first time to see Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota
  • Unfortunately, that's the time that snow piles up in these areas
  • That assured me that my husband and I will not be boring ourselves in our hotel room for 4 days

• by lipsticknladdles

Buck Hill

If you are traveling somewhere in the twin cities of Minnesota, Minneapolis and Saint Paul and you are in search of a fun, entertaining activity to do, visiting Buck Hill is a must. It is located approximately 9 miles south of 494 on Interstate 35 in Burnsville, MN, specifically at 15400 Buck Hill Road.

What to expect at Buck Hill Buck Hill offers fun winter activities including snowboarding, skiing and snow tubing. They have 15 different runs to skiers and snowboarders of all abilities, 11 lifts including 2 Quads and a Triple chairlift and the best snowmaking systems in the Midwest ( just in case there is not enough snow).

Aside from that, they are also offering a huge range of programs for the kids, youth and adults which can be done either in groups or privately in a very affordable price.

They also have kids and adult racing programs and lots of fun events you can participate into. They have been acclaimed in some winter sports magazines too. Rates for skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing vary depending on the length of time but is definitely reasonable. They also have rentals of the gears you might need including skis, ski boots, poles and snow boards. Season packages are also available.

My personal experience in Buck Hill

It was my first time to see Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Since we have a very busy schedule, winter time, specifically the week before and after Christmas is the only long vacation we can avail. Unfortunately, that’s the time that snow piles up in these areas. I was quiet worried that our four days in Minnesota will be put to waste due to lack of activities. Fortunately, I came ...

• across Buck Hill in one of my internet researches. Their website offered the necessary information I need. That assured me that my husband and I will not be boring ourselves in our hotel room for 4 days.

When we came to Buck Hill, there are enough parking spaces inspite the fact that there are a lot of tourists & locals visiting the place. There are lots of things to do. One can ski, can snow board and can go snow tubing .or if you have the luxury of time ( and budget ), you can try all three. I don’t know how to do any of those but there are beginner slopes and even lessons. The most fun for me though, it snow tubing. It doesn’t require any skill at all. You don’t need to have a good balance and coordination, you definitely will

not hurt your bottoms flunking in the snow all you have to do is hop into the tube as this thing ( I don’t know what its called) drags you up the hill. When you’re up there, just wait for your turn and slide anyway you want. It is totally fun and very addicting! When you can very cold, there is a table with a some kinda camp fire where you can warm yourself outdoors. But if you want to be really warm, there is a cafeteria where you can get your hot chocolate. There are also clean restrooms there.

So if you plan to travel near Minneapolis and Saint Paul, don’t pass on Buck Hill. Whether you are young or young at heart, you will enjoy the place. I recommend you check it out! Hubby and I had real fun there without blowing our budget!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38803622871231/k2311a038/3.8.09