Digital Photography Online Classes by Hewlett Packard  » Education  »
online
  • I found an online photography short course and it was FREE
  • There is still a lot more to learn but the lessons I learned from taking up HP Online classes are with me
  • I recommend these classes to my friends and I wouldn't mind recommending it to others

• by lipsticknladdles

Just a week ago, I was watching a movie that I forgot the title and there’s something about it that sparks my sleeping interest in photography. All of a sudden, I felt the desire to learn more about photography. I searched the internet in the hope of finding a cheap beginners course on the said subject. It was my lucky day. I found an online photography short course and it was FREE.

The classes are being offered by HP (Hewlett Packard). There are several courses available, not just those that concerns photography. The free courses are divided into categories including Digital Photography, Security solutions, Home Office and Personal Interests. Among the courses are Protect your PC from spam, spy ware and viruses, Tune up your Windows Vista PC, Laptop PCs: basic troubleshooting and repair, Microsoft Windows Vista: advanced customization, Networking 101,Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2007,

Set up a home print shop for flyers, newsletters and more, Beginning Adobe Photoshop CS2,The art of scrapbooking and more. Yet, as I have mentioned, my interest was particularly on the digital photography related stuff.

There are 3 classes for Digital Photography, namely Photography for life: from birth through baby’s firsts, Camera composition: change your perspective and Touch up digital photos with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 7.0. These three classes started 1st week of January 2009 and will end on the 13th of February. People can still enroll to date. I have read that all 3 classes were being taught online by respective photography professionals including Mr. Marc Mantha and Ms. Leigh Brown. As I browse thru lesson after lesson, I found my interest in photography growing and growing. The way the lessons were delivered were simple and easy to understand, straightforward and very informative. Example photos ...

• are given to further emphasize a point. There is also a message board where other students and the instructors can interact and further discuss lessons. Assignments were given at the end of each lesson, so students can apply what they have learned practically. There are also short quizzes that follow each lesson to ensure that one clearly understood what was taught. In one week, I was able to accomplish and be done with Camera Composition and Photography for Life. A certificate of completion with my name on it was readily available for printing. Isn’t that wonderful?

I would say that these are just crash courses, short yet significant. HP is very generous to provide people with these short courses for free. Reading more and getting further studies will help, but with the things I have learned, I am able to awaken a new interest in me, see my

camera in a different view, learn techniques and so much more. There is still a lot more to learn but the lessons I learned from taking up HP Online classes are with me. I intend to read over and over again until it all sinks in by heart. I intend to come back for more and constantly check on classes being offered and take advantage of it.

I have mentioned a few classes available, but you yourself can check on their site. See if anything sparks your interest. Registering on these classes are so easy, it will not even take 5 minutes of your time. Once registered, you don’t have to shed a single penny on your pocket. All you need is to commit a portion of your time and get ready to learn for FREE. I recommend these classes to my friends and I wouldn’t mind recommending it to others

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 50703622801131/k2311a037/3.7.09