Vera Mango Suckers  » Food  »
0.5
  • I've tried some in the past and while I like a lot of the chocolate flavored stuff, everything else I usually ignore

• by Julianne Jones

Let me start off by saying that I’m not a big fan of Mexican candy. I’ve tried some in the past and while I like a lot of the chocolate flavored stuff, everything else I usually ignore.

There’s a small Mexican booth in one of my local flea markets and I saw the

Vera Mango suckers for sale there.

I picked one up to take a look and somehow found myself getting talked into buying the bag.

There’s nothing on there about the flavor or calories or nutritional information, so all I knew was that it was a bag of mango flavored suckers.

I like mango,

• even fake mango, which I think tastes more like peach than anything else.

When I opened the back, I was pretty surprised to see a red dust on top of the sucker, which I discovered was a type of chili powder.

That alone could have been enough to put me off, but I

spent the money so I was at least going to try it.

The chili had a dry taste that seemed to coat my tongue and throat before the very sweet peach flavor of the sucker kicked in.

I wasn’t too crazy about that mixture and I’m still not a big fan of these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27703622611131/k2311a037/3.7.09