When A Stranger Calls-Original Version  » Movies  »
  • I always thought it was a really great movie and it wasn't until later that I learned it was made for television
  • Unfortunately they took the story and veered it into another direction by picking up years later

• by Julianne Jones

The original version of When A Stranger Calls is one that stuck in my head for a number of years. I always thought it was a really great movie and it wasn’t until later that I learned it was made for television.

However when I saw it recently, I was surprised to find that it wasn’t as good in my head as I made it out to be.

The movie follows a young girl who is babysitting for a couple of kids when she starts getting threatening phone calls.

She calls the police and learns that the calls are coming from inside the house.

She survives, but the poor kids are killed and the man captured in the house.

Years later he escapes from prison and ...

• When A Stranger Calls-Original Version
      goes after a few different people, including the former baby-sitter who is now an adult with kids of her own.

The first half of this movie is fantastic, with the killer hiding in the shadows.

You can actually feel the pain and

fear from the girl.

Unfortunately they took the story and veered it into another direction by picking up years later.

The rest of the movie has a lot of flaws and it just wasn’t good.

I like the first part, but not the rest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11703622521131/k2311a037/3.7.09