Celeste Pizza for One  » Food  »
  • It's certainly convenient -- just open the box and unwrap the small pizza
  • Taste wise, Celeste Pizza for One isn't the best
  • It's definitely got that 'I'm a microwaved meal' tag on it

• by Orrymain

Celeste brand has been around for a long time, and they were one of the first old time companies to come along with a pizza sized for just one person. Celeste Pizza for One can be baked in an oven or for those in a hurry, microwaved.

Most of the time, I microwave it. For me, it’s usually done by the 3 1/2 minute mark. It is easy to do — just pop it in on

the silver tray provided and set the time. It’s certainly convenient — just open the box and unwrap the small pizza. The price is right, too — I often get these on sale for just $1 per box. That’s a dinner for only a buck, and it’s hard to argue with that, especially in these very troubled financial times.

Taste wise, Celeste Pizza for One isn’t the best. It’s definitely got that ‘I’m a microwaved ...

• meal’ tag on it. There’s not a whole lot fresh about it, and the little pepperoni squares, for example, hardly make you crave for it. Also, I’ve yet to be able to get any Celeste Pizza for One to look like the picture on the box — with all that nice, gooey, yummy looking cheese. Even when I’ve cooked it in the oven, I just don’t get pizza that looks like the box.

However, for a

buck, it is filling. It may be not be the same as homemade or going to Pizza Hut, but it is pizza, does taste like pizza, and you won’t be hungry when you’re finished.

Celeste Pizza for One is an economic meal. It does it’s job, and I buy it a lot. So, be aware that you aren’t getting pizza from Italy, but know that you won’t be hungry when you’re done, either.

There’s room for improvement, for sure.

scott says :

re : It’s definitely got that ‘I’m a microwaved meal’ tag on it
    it is convienient to make,And I enjoy the taste but since it had been a while from when I had bought one last I was disappointed to find out the crisping disk wasn’t part of it anymore.I thought perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad and I proceeded to make it in microwave as per new instructions,boy let me tell you I was very disappointed by it.I am pretty sure I wont be wasting my money on these again I don’t want to eat a pizza like that.Please change it back I would gladly pay a few cents more if that was issue for taking it out.

Alice says :

I thought the original one with the disc was disgusting. The new pizza without the disc is in the garbage. Did it in the microwave and it came out mushy and definitely not edible. It was twice as disgusting as the original. Another problem is the amount of sodium (860 mg) Why so much? - maybe to kill the awful taste. And WHY put in CARRAGEENAN?????????????? Disgusting

Linda says :

Add the crisping disc back. You are going to lose sales.

william king says :

re : It’s definitely got that ‘I’m a microwaved meal’ tag on it
    I bought two celeste pizza for one and the reason I got them as they say mico wave they were lousy u should remove label saying it is for a mico wave I think I should get coupons for replacements
    William king
    19 Bonnyeagle pond road standish, maine 04084

the upc code is 1960004620 3
    july1 19 1139 48 ajiest9132

hope to hear back from u have two same product I wish I had used the oven would of been better, Hope to hear back or to find replacement coupons in the mail

Linda says :

Why did Celeste take out the silver disc for crisping in the microwave that they use to have. It isn t the same when you microwave it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27703622261131/k2311a037/3.7.09