Sunnyside Vanilla Sandwiches  » Food  »
2.5
  • Instead, I'm usually thinking, 'Well, it was a taste of ice cream'
  • If you need something at the right price to give you the idea of an ice cream treat, this will do it, but if you're really looking for that 'wow' treat that makes you crave ice cream, try another brand

• by Orrymain

Sunnyside Farms produces a lot of foods for Bel Air Markets. Sometimes they do well, and sometimes not so well. After purchasing their vanilla sandwiches over many years, I can firmly say that these sandwiches are simply okay.

I purchase Sunnyside Farms vanilla sandwiches because they are economically priced. As the

’store label’, they are always less than any other brand, and on my budget, that’s what I have to do.

Quality-wise, Sunnyside Farms vanilla sandwiches are average. I never finish one and think, ‘oh, wow, what a great treat’. Instead, I’m usually thinking, ‘Well, it was a taste of ice cream’.

The package ...

• says that Sunnyside Farms vanilla sandwiches are ‘artificially flavored vanilla ice cream with chocolate flavored wafers’. Maybe it’s the artificial flavoring, but that pure ice cream taste just isn’t there.

I also find that these sandwiches just don’t harden very well, unlike other brands I’ve purchased. My hands always get messy, the

chocolate wafers just sticking to my hand like waver glue.

So my advice is this. If you need something at the right price to give you the idea of an ice cream treat, this will do it, but if you’re really looking for that ‘wow’ treat that makes you crave ice cream, try another brand.

Sandra Guest says :

Why am I having such a terrible time with the Sunnyside Farms Ice Cream Sandwiches? The 1st time I bought them, I threw the whole box away because they were like they were defrosted and then re-frozen….ick….2nd time, they had clumps of yellow in them and again they were like they were defrosted and then re-frozen…..Sunnyside gave me a coupon for another box of them but I never used it….I gave it away….yesterday, I bought another box of them thinking it wouldn`t happen again…..wrong They were all re-frozen and the ice cream around the edges were yellow….the kids told me they tasted icky and they threw them away. I got one to try and it was really bad tasting. I had to immediately spit it out. I tasted like a chemical or something…..I had a hard time getting that taste out of my mouth…..I took the box back to the store…..without question, they refunded my money…..I told them to give these to the driver so he could give them back to Sunnyside Farms to test them and see what was in them….let me tell you, it was gross……..ruined my taste for a good ice cream sandwich for sure….I would like to know what is going on with this?

Every Day s A Party says :

re : If you need something at the right price to give you the idea of an ice cream treat, this will do it, but if you’re really looking for that ‘wow’ treat that makes you crave ice cream, try another brand
    Why is it that this gooey stuff called Sunnyside Vanilla Sandwiches is an item right by the door of most of the gas stations that stock it, and is the cheapest treat in the gas station, aside from Little Debbie’s cakes?

I go to the market looking for a piece of fruit or something, and those dried vegetable treats are not there, the three dollar half-sandwiches are appalling, and I have only a few quarters for a snack. So, what do I do, I go for the Sunnyside Vanilla Sandwiches, for whatever lame excuse I have on that off-day for not being smart and packing a lunch snack. Caveat emptor as far as Sunnyside Vanilla sandwiches go, it’s a product that is there, it’s empty calories, and it keeps the belly from grumbling in a way that will avoid upsetting most folks stomachs - it’s a consistent product.

Every Day s A Party says :

As an adult, it’s hard to say anything other than these things belong in the P.T. Barnum Museum in Sarasota, Florida. I really do declare that if you eat these frozen things rather than making them your own self out of wafer cookies and yogurt or your half-gallon of ice-cream, you get what you pay for. I have feelings about Sunnyside Vanilla Sandwiches that words alone will not describe. Maybe they should make tomato-vanilla ice cream sandwiches, you think?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27703622231131/k2311a037/3.7.09