Emma Samms  » People  »
  • I still have nothing but fond memories and happy smiles when I think about her

• by Orrymain

I actually have nothing but positives to say about Emma Samms. The British actress made a big splash in America when she began on General Hospital as Holly Sutton. Her beauty got a lot of attention; indeed, Emma looked a lot like a young Elizabeth Taylor. Many of the media picked up on that.

The Holly character evolved into one of my all time favorites, especially when she chose to stay with husband Robert Scorpio in lieu of returning to the back-from-the-dead Luke Spencer. Holly and Robert sizzled big time. I was part of a group, in fact, that lobbied hard for that to become fact.

Back in that era, I had met Emma at several different fan club events, both for the show and her

own club; and I’d seen her outside the studio from time to time. She was always a joy. She is one of the most personable soap stars. Her fan club at the time was run by her sister, Louise, who handled it with such care and love. The fans were indeed her friends.

Two things stand out for me from that period of time. At one event, I remember Emma talking about Jon-Erik Hexum, who tragically lost in his life in a gun prop accident on the set of his TV series. Both performers had been part of ABC’s Development program, and they’d dated for a while. This get together wasn’t long after his death, and she talked about Jon-Erik for a bit.

• Her loss was visible on her face and in her emotion. I’ve just never forgotten that.

Then, some time later, she was dating Tristan Rogers, aka: Robert Scorpio. She surprised her fans by having him come to the fan club gathering, and that was lots of fun. However, the real hoot was watching them together. Emma had already announced she was leaving General Hospital. Fans were just scared to death about how the wonderful TV love affair would be affected. Well, Emma kept coaxing Tristan to tell us something. It was so cute. It really wasn’t supposed to come out yet, but he finally succumbed to her charms and told us that he was leaving, too, and that Robert and Holly

would have their happy ending together.

After the soap opera, Emma went on to take over the role of Fallon on Dynasty and the spin-off The Colbys. Eventually, she returned to England, got married, and had children. Every now and then, she pops up on General Hospital for a short stint or some other American show, but mostly, she enjoys her life in England.

I also have to applaud Emma for the creation of her foundation, the Starlight Foundation which focuses on wishes for children. She’s done a lot of good with this group that she and her brother created many years ago.

Emma Samms is a talented actress and a terrific person. I still have nothing but fond memories and happy smiles when I think about her.

Robyn L. Kay says :

re : I still have nothing but fond memories and happy smiles when I think about her
    I loved Emma Samms then 35 yrs ago now 2019 Her best role in my mind will always be Holly Scorpio along side Tristan Rogers.

Melody Wynn says :

Dear Emma, you look just like your mum. Beautiful I have moved to Lincoln, England . I have been meaning to connect up with you and your mum and Louise.
    I am here for six months and will then go back to California.
    You can contact me at my email address wynnmel[at]aol.com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52703622071031/k2311a037/3.7.09