Tom Cruise  » People  »
  • That said, I'm not sure how much I like the man, or don't like him
  • One thing I do know is that I think he was given a bum rap over his 'jumping on the sofa' incident on Oprah a few years back

• by Orrymain

There’s no denying that Tom Cruise can act. He’s proven his worth in many successful motion pictures. That said, I’m not sure how much I like the man, or don’t like him.

One thing I do know is that I think he was given a bum rap over his ‘jumping on the sofa’ incident on Oprah a few years back. I always thought the press overdid their coverage and were very unfair to him. I think it’s great

that someone could be that much in love that they just jump outside of their normal selves. What’s wrong with being happy?

I recall some questioning his motives, as if the whole thing was staged or done for publicity purposes. I truly don’t believe that. I honestly believe he was just happy, and he wanted to show it. Oprah was egging him on, and he just went with it. What is so wrong with that?

In fact,

• I think our world could use more of that kind of honesty. It’s a shame that a harmless demonstration of love becomes such fodder for the media and water cooler gossip.

Again, I’m not really a fan of Tom Cruise’s. He’s been married twice before, and both previous marriages had odd endings. It’s not that I like Mimi Rogers or Nicole Kidman, any more than I do Tom Cruise, because I don’t, but the reality is, the man essentially

just came home one day and said ‘game’s over’ to them. That I don’t understand.

As an actor, Tom Cruise does well. As a person, I don’t know, and I can’t judge. I was shocked when he got together with Katie Holmes; they just don’t seem like a fit to me, but they seem to be happy enough, and that’s what counts. I just don’t approve of the bad rap Cruise has gotten over the sofa incident.

Tom Cruise

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52703622041031/k2311a037/3.7.09