Beagles
  • One day I found her at my elementary school
  • I highly recommend beagles to anyone wanting a dog

• by Orrymain

I am a beagle person. I’ve had two, both very different, and I yearn to someday have another one.

Growing up, I had a black and white beagle. She was a digger. You simply could not keep her from digging under the fence. She had wanderlust in her genes. One day I found her at my elementary school. Another time she’d been gone for hours when I got a call from folks a couple of miles from our home saying that they had her. Oh that

beagle! Best yet, one day I opened the front door, and she was just sitting there. Who knows how long she’d be out and about before coming home on her own.

This beagle was essentially an only child until she was about 10 or so. She really had no desire or need for other dogs. They all loved her, but their attempts to befriend her just bored her. Fortunately, though, she took to the new family member, although she was the queen. We all knew it, including ...

• the new dog that grew up to be about 5 times her size but who succumbed to her every wish.

Years later, I got a brown and white colored beagle. She never dug, but she jumped - over anything and everything. If there was a way to get over a fence, she’d find it, and she did. We ended up having to completely move things away from the fence. She’d use boxes or chairs or whatever was handy as stepping stones. It was amazing to watch.

Still, she didn’t really have wanderlust; she’d never go far, if anywhere. She was just athletic and liked to get her exercise.

Both of my beagles were the most loving dogs. They were smart, too, and they had so much play in them. They wanted a lot of attention, and we had a lot of fun together.

I highly recommend beagles to anyone wanting a dog. They’ll have unique personalities; no two beagles are a like, but they are great with kids and they are loyal and loving forever.

Beagles

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29703621901031/k2311a037/3.7.09