Kellie Pickler  » People  »
  • I love her music and her voice, and I'm happy for her success, but I have to admit to missing some of that countryness that was so amazingly fresh on American Idol

• by Orrymain

Oftentimes, it’s the losers on American Idol who end up the real winners. One of those in the last couple of years has been country singer Kellie Pickler. What made Kellie so special is that she came from a very small town and hadn’t even been out of her state before getting on the plane to journey to Los Angeles to participate in the singing television contest.

Some made fun of her and judge Simon Cowell had

a field day with her country bumpkiness, but in the end, Kellie Pickler gained fame and an audience. Personally, I liked her from the beginning. She was fresh off the farm, so to speak, and that made her a rare gem. She sang from her heart with a never-ending smile.

The sad part about becoming a success, though, is that Hollywood, or Nashville, never wants the innocence to continue. Kellie’s gotten a huge makeover.

• She’s no longer that simple gal, raised by her grandfather, trying to figure out the big city. She’s traveled all over. I actually give her a lot of credit for that. She did a USO tour overseas, and I’m sure that was frightening for her.

I love her music and her voice, and I’m happy for her success, but I have to admit to missing some of that countryness that was so amazingly fresh on American

Idol. She’s still bubbling over with sweetness, but she’s more provocative now. A simple look at her official website proves that just by the photos that are there.

I hope Kellie Pickler has a long career, but I also hope she somehow manages not to succumb to all the hoopla that she is faced with now. I really hope she keeps at least some of that country air that made her such a pleasure to watch on American Idol.

Kellie Pickler

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52703621871031/k2311a037/3.7.09