Kent McCord
  • I love to watch that movie just to laugh at how they switched their parts
  • He can control some of that now, and I believe he's just asserting that right
  • I've enjoyed watching him perform, and his website is turning into a great place to learn more about that career and Adam-12

• by Orrymain

Kent McCord is most known for his role as Jim Reed on the Adam-12 TV series. He’s done a lot of other television, but that’s his most known role. One show I always looked for him on was Farscape, where he played the father of the lead character; well, sort of the father. It was complicated, but I loved watching him, even though his appearances were usually the only times I watched Farscape.

Kent has a wonderful voice, making him perfect for voice over work, too. Most everyone has probably heard the many Hidden Valley Ranch commercials that he’s done

in recent years.

My favorite post-Adam-12 show, though, was a movie he made with his co-star, Martin Milner. It was called Nashville Beat. They played different characters, but the fun part was that they were in role reversals from their characters on Adam-12. I love to watch that movie just to laugh at how they switched their parts. It’s too bad this wasn’t bought as a series.

The man has come a long way from his days as Ricky Nelson’s friend on Ozzie and Harriet. He’s actually very active in the Screen Actor’s Guild and has been elected to office ...

• there, including as First Vice President. He’s a very intelligent and dedicated individual.

Kent has taken some flack for his care and concern over marketing issues for his likeness and the Adam-12 show. He gets a lot of blame for things not being sold on the internet and such, but I happen to believe he has a right to protect himself. Maybe he does take it to an extreme, but back in the day of Adam-12, actors never received their due in the marketing arena. He can control some of that now, and I believe he’s just asserting that right.

Maybe it does make it more difficult for the average fan to find memorabilia and such, but I understand where Kent is coming from, so I can’t blame him, as some do.

Kent McCord is happily married and continues to work from time to time, mostly with voice overs and documentaries, while keeping active with SAG. I’ve enjoyed watching him perform, and his website is turning into a great place to learn more about that career and Adam-12. He says he plans to continue updating that website, and I hope he does. You just never know what he’ll upload there next!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52703621821031/k2311a037/3.7.09