The Doomsday Flight  » Movies  »
  • I really remember the creepy feeling he gave me
  • Van Johnson is the plane's pilot, and he gets the big scene at the end with the surprise revelation

• by Orrymain

The Doomsday Flight is a movie I’ve never forgotten. I used to see it on late night television, way back before cable was even thought of. It was dramatic and even scary to me. When eBay became the big thing, I searched for it and finally found a VHS copy of it. I play it often.

The Doomsday Flight

stars Jack Lord, Edmond O’Brien, John Saxon, and many other recognizable stars of the day. It was written by Rod Serling, so it’s a top notch script. The story is about a psychopath who threatens to blow up a jet liner. Keep in mind, this is before Airport and other similar films.

O’Brien has this gripping voice. As a ...

• child, he scared me to death. I really remember the creepy feeling he gave me. I believed his threats. As an adult, I can review in truth that he did a very nice job here. Lord is the hero, of course, trying to track down the mad man. Van Johnson is the plane’s pilot, and he gets
        the big scene at the end with the surprise revelation.

I still love this movie. Just remembering how creepy I felt as a kid makes me leery, though I’m long grown up. Good script, good acting, lots of melodrama, and a surprise ending. The Doomsday Flight is wonderful viewing. It’s worth the watch if you can get your hands on it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11703621791031/k2311a037/3.7.09