Tamiko Corp. Massager  » Health  »
  • Massager is the best personal massager of any kind that I've purchased, and I've never had a problem with it

• by Orrymain

Several years ago, while at a convention, one of the companies that was presenting products was the Tamiko Corporation, and their product was a Massager. We got the full treatment as part of the demonstration, and I have to say, it felt wonderful. Several of us were hooked and purchased the Tamiko Corp. Massager.

This item is a long, well-built item, corded, that enables a

person to give themselves massages in a fairly simple manner. It has a smooth head that you can run over any part of your body on a low or high setting; but even without changing settings, you can alter the degree of the massage by how much pressure you supply.

I’ve used the Tamiko Corp. Massager a lot. It’s another one of the items I ...

• keep right by my bed, though sometimes I move it to my desk area. It works so well. I’ve actually used it to help with leg cramps, and it’s helped to soothe them.

Sometimes, I just place it behind me to get my back, though I actually also purchased a couple of special spongy pillows that the massager just slips into. These allow you

to put your foot up for a massage or lean your back against the spongy pillow. The material in these special pillows help the vibration to spread. It’s awesome.

The Tamiko Corp. Massager is the best personal massager of any kind that I’ve purchased, and I’ve never had a problem with it. It’s easy to hold, not too heavy, and it does the job.

Dan Kaminski says :

I have a Tamiko massager model f-88r and the head cracked on the inside. I can replace the head if I knew were I could get a replacement head. E-mail me at danwski verizon.net Thanks,

Galega says :

Tamiko Corp is no more manufacturing and selling this massager. A harsh news for you, but that is that. You can’t get replacement head through the company.

Try it out on eBay (where there are some second hand and unused Tomiko Corp massagers are still available).

Jane says :

I also had a handheld massager purchasd at a home showin 1988. After many years of of having such a wonderful product it finally needs to be replaced. If any one knows if its still avalible would you please contact me at rhutchinson10 cfl.rr.com. Thanks for any help. Jane

Galega says :

Hi Jane, the company is not manufacturing this product any more. In fact, the production has stopped since 1996. Despite the runaway success of the product, it could not become that much financially viable (I think because of the lack of proper distribution channel as the company kept on selling it through trade fair).

whatever, the crux of the matter is YOU CAN’T REPLACE IT.

If you are really that much fascinated, then try your luck on eBay. I have just seen some Tamiko Corp Massager there. Price seems to be quite high - one machine is being quoted at $ 150, though there are many with low price tag.

Hi Jane
    I also have a Tamiko f-88R bought at a show. have not been used for 20 years. Still works great. In great shape. Will ship to you for $ 50 using Paypal.

Talmadge Steele says :

Hello,

If you still have the Tamiko I will buy it from you.

Thanks much,

Randi Smart says :

I currently have A Tamiko Massager, Model F-88R. It is in Brand New Condition, I also have the Cone Head Attachment. Please feel free to contact me whenever you read this.

Robert says :

Where can I purchase a Tamiko massager? are they sill made?

HARRY WISEMAN says :

Hi, I have the Revitalizer set that I bought at a trade show a few years back. Believe it or not I never used it. I was going to post it for sale on Cragslist, but I would be willing to sell it to you. Please let me know. Thank you, Harry.

Tiffany johnson says :

Hi what version massager do u have and r u still willing to sell?

jerry says :

I would like to buy your Tamiko. Is it still available?

Jerry
    Apple Valley, ca

Kevin says :

Has the Massager been sold yet?

Galega says :

No Robert, they are not made. The manufacturer had stopped producing this massager since 1996.

Hi Jerry

Hi Robert

Hi Tiffany

Hi Kevin

Patti says :

My Tamiko massager stopped while I was using it. When I wiggled the cord, it started again. This became more frequent. Now it doesn`t work at all. I guess I need to purchase a new one. Where can I go to get one? Thank you

Jane says :

Patti. Mine had shorted out like yours, and had the cord replaced, Now I can see where the cord is frayed again so will try to get the cord replaced again. Would still like to find out who may still sell them and have replacement parts. Needless to say I miss it

Carolyn says :

We lost the finger attachments that snap onto our Tamiko massager and would like to replace them if you are interested in selling.

Eva says :

My Tamiko massager is over 30 years old, and the cord is “shorting out”. You mentioned having had replaced yours before……where could I have that done? Thanks

Clari Cassels says :

I have a Model F88R, AC 120 V, 60 Hz, 17 W, UL Listed 384 B, Mfg. No. 082. I bought it at a Home Show about 10 years ago or more. My husband and I use it all the time and LOVE IT The problem is, it no longer works. We want to buy another one. Please let me know where or how I can get another one A.S.A.P. This has to be the BEST MASSAGER EVER MADE Thanks for your help, Clari Cassels clari_70726 yahoo.com

HARRY WISEMAN says :

I have the REVITALIZER system if that`s the product you`re talking about. I also bought it at a home show for my wife a few years ago, but she never used it. I`d be willing to sell it to you. Please let me know. Thank you. Harry

Bonna says :

I saw your post and wondered if you found out how to purchase a Tamiko massager. I have one in need of repair, but the person i sent it to before is out of business. Thank you so much. Bonna

shaun mcnally says :

Harry, I don’t know when this post was dated but I’m curious if you sold your unit yet. If not how much are you asking?

cindy says :

hi harry, not sure how old you post was, but do you still have your massager. if not, any suggestions on how to get one. mine doesn’t work anymore and I really loved it. thanks, cindy

Hi Cindy,

One person is willing to sell old Tamiko massager. See the last post of this thread. you can also find it on eBay. Tamiko Corporation is no more manufacturing massager since 1996. Unfortunately, they are not even producing parts of highly popular and heavily sold massager, which has become tough for many users.

Addy Defur says :

Is your unit still available?

Sandra Awtrey-Miner says :

Hello, We are looking for a Tamiko Massager Model F 88R and was hoping someone knew where to find one. After 23 years of service ours has finally died. I will miss it more than than my children. Any hope?
    Sandy

Galega says :

Tamiko Corp Massager Model F88R was the most successful massager product. Seeing that you are using it since last 23 years, I can understand the reason behind its popularity.

As things stand, the company has stopped producing any massager. They are no more in this business since 1996.

There are still some chance though. You can find this product on eBay. Please make a search. I have seen there many with varying prices. Do little bit of research before placing the bid or buying the massager.

Alan Marsh says :

I have the Tamiko Massager F88R and I need the on/off switch. Anyone have an extra from a broken model?

Galega says :

Tamiko Massager F88R is the most popular massager. Unfortunately, the company has stopped producing it since 1996. They are not even selling its parts. However, you can try it on eBay. I have seen used Tamiko massager F88R is being sold there (not always available).

rick says :

coulkd you please tell me how to take it apart to replace the cord

C. Hendricks says :

Any suggestions for an approximate replacement masseger?

Linda says :

re : Massager is the best personal massager of any kind that I’ve purchased, and I’ve never had a problem with it
    Have had my Tamiko FBBR for about 30 years. Still works excellent. Does not feel like most vibrating massagers. Much more therapeutic deep tissue feel. You just know it is working on whatever muscle, etc., you need therapy for.
    So sorry to hear they are no longer making this unit and are not in business for parts replacements. Hope mine keeps up it’s long life Best massager by far Even over our expensive thumper pro style massager.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34703621691031/k2311a037/3.7.09