Stargate SG-1: Secrets  » TV  »
  • Much as I don't like Jaffa-centered stories, I'm also not fond of the Abydonian storylines on this series either
  • There are a couple of interesting things for me when I watch this show

• by Orrymain

Much as I don’t like Jaffa-centered stories, I’m also not fond of the Abydonian storylines on this series either. Stargate SG-1: Secrets, however, is a story that takes place in good part on Abydos. It’s been one Abydonian year to the day that Daniel left the planet in order to join SG-1 and search for his wife, Sha’re. Now, he and Teal’c return to give an update to Sha’re’s father, Kasuf; only the surprise is on Daniel because there, staring straight at him, is

Sha’re — a very pregnant Sha’re.

There are a couple of interesting things for me when I watch this show. First, in the episode prior to this one, Family, Daniel gives Teal’c a sort of pep talk about his relationship with Drey’auc. One week later, the roles are reversed, and it’s Teal’c who actually gives Daniel a similar type of pep talk. That fact has always captivated me, especially considering the unique bond between these two teammates.

Second, Sha’re was played by Michael Shanks’ real life ...

• girlfriend at the time, and she really was very, very pregnant with their child. While Sha’re gives birth in this episode, Michael has joked about how he was telling the baby things like ‘we’re only acting; not yet’. I always laugh when I remember those comments and watch the birthing scene.

The other half of the team, Jack and Sam, are in Washington D.C. to get a couple of medals (nothing for Daniel, again, which is a sore point for many). The key things that

happen here is that we meet Sam’s dad and that a reporter contacts Jack. He’s heard about the Stargate and is pumping Jack for info. In the end, Jack isn’t sure who to believe about what happens, and that makes for some intense moments.

The climax of the show has Jack and Sam joining their teammates on Abydos. It’s pretty funny to watch Jack try to figure out what’s going on.

It is a really good show with lots of nice scenes for the entire team.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10703621480931/k2311a037/3.7.09