Movie: Baby Mama  » Movies  »
1.5
  • The problem with this film is that neither Fey nor Poehler is given any funny lines to work with
  • Steve Martin's character had the potential to be interesting but instead is just a two-dimensional hippie character
  • I think I may have laughed once or twice during the entire movie, and I am not someone who is conservative about laughing
  • This is all very disappointing to me because I love Tina Fey
  • I give this movie only a 3 out of 10, and that is just because I like Tina Fey

• by shawn the writer

“Baby Mama” is a silly, uninteresting piece of uninspired film-making starring Tina Fey as a woman desperate to have a baby. She has always put her career first, but now the 37-year old Kate longs for a baby even though she is not married, and apparently does not have any serious prospects for marriage, although she is very smart and charming, and quite attractive as well. Although she is quite neurotic,

it still seems odd that would be single at this point in her life.

Amy Poehler is the somewhat trashy surrogate mother for Kate. The problem with this film is that neither Fey nor Poehler is given any funny lines to work with. The other characters are either equally wasted or just plain unfunny. Steve Martin’s character had the potential to be interesting but instead is just a two-dimensional hippie ...

• character. Poehler’s common-law husband has no depth whatsoever.

I think I may have laughed once or twice during the entire movie, and I am not someone who is conservative about laughing. When I watch a comedy, I am ready to laugh from the first minute. I expect to do so.

This is all very disappointing to me because I love Tina Fey. I think she is funny and sexy

and very appealing. But the movie is horrible. You would think the story idea would have the potential for a lot of laughs, especially considering the talented cast. It is almost as though the film-makers just spent the money on casting with little to no emphasis on the script. I give this movie only a 3 out of 10, and that is just because I like Tina Fey.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11703621100831/k2311a037/3.7.09