Movie: The Pursuit of Happyness  » Movies  »
  • I think he is in every single scene of the movie

• by shawn the writer

“The Pursuit of Happyness” is a wonderful film, inspired by the true life story of Chris Garner, who managed to survive with his five-year-old son in early 1980s San Francisco while working his way through an unpaid six-month intership to become a stock broker.

Will Smith is spectacular as Chris, and carries the movie on his shoulders. I think he is in every single scene of the movie. This is a totally different Will Smith than the character we remember from movies

like “Independence Day” or “Bad Boys.” Simply stated, Will Smith has grown into his own as a serious actor. Very few actors could have carried off this role the way he did.

His real-life son, Jaden, plays Christopher’s son in the movie, allowing a lot of very realistic father and son moments. The scene with Chris and his son spending the night in a public restroom, lying on the floor they have covered with toilet paper, is a very powerful part ...

• in a movie. I think very few of us can point to one time in our life where we have hit rock bottom. It is obvious that for Chris, this is his time.

People can argue about whether or not the film’s message is great or not. Chris wants to become a stock broker because he wants to make a lot of money and support his son. The film never explains what else, other than the money, draws Chris to

this career. I can understand people saying that money will not provide Chris happiness if he does not truly love his job. However, the movie shows that Chris is very good at his job. He is a natural salesman, who is very charming and sincere.

I loved this movie. It is very powerful and shows how strong the bond between a father and son should always be. I give it a 10 out of 10. Go rent it today!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11703621090831/k2311a037/3.7.09