Kenmore Sewing Machine 15343  » Housewares  »
  • At first, the only problem I had was that I couldn't figure out how to put the bobbin in - I couldn't understand even the picture instructions that are on the bobbin tab thing, the thing you pull open to access the bobbin
  • The only other thing I don't like about it is that it is really loud

• by JenniferPlague

I got this machine for Christmas a few years ago, as my first sewing machine. At first, the only problem I had was that I couldn’t figure out how to put the bobbin in - I couldn’t understand even the picture instructions that are on the bobbin tab thing, the thing you pull open to access the bobbin.

That was my only issue for a long while. The machine has basic straight and zigzag stitches, a bobbin winder function, and

a really easy-to-use foot changing method. Threading the needle is also super easy even for a beginner like me, because there are arrows that tell you which direction to go in.

But recently I realized there is no button-hole function. While this is fine if you’re only planning to use a machine for hemming, or sewing up ripped jeans, or making pillow cases - eventually I got to the point where I really wanted a button hole option so I ...

• could make shirts. Doing manual button holes leaves too much room for error in my option, because I can’t see well.

The only other thing I don’t like about it is that it is really loud. Not as loud as machines from, say, thirty years ago, but it seriously sounds like a truck is running when I am using it. Whenever I sew, my family has to turn the radio or television up louder so they can hear it.

Other

than those things, the machine is great for beginners. If you’re going to do anything more than really basic stuff, get a slightly more complex one. I’ve never had mine break, and I’ve moved four times with it, so it’s pretty durable in that area too. It’s a standard newer model, so you can get replacement parts easily as well - I had to order a new pedal once because I lost mine, and I just got it online.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53603620720531/k2311a036/3.6.09