Red Lobster-Calgary, Alberta  » Restaurants  »
6100 MacLeod Trail SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My choice was three types of shrimp in one dish - sautéed in garlic, deep fried, and steamed with a delicious sauce to dip
  • I will definitely eat at Red Lobster in Canada again and look very much forward to it

• by Jessie Bahrey

I had never been to a Red Lobster in Canada before I tried the location in Calgary, Alberta a few weeks ago. In the US, Red Lobster was a relatively inexpensive place with great seafood, plus a great selection of other dishes, as well as drinks and appetizers.

Given that dining out in Canada is so much more expensive than in the States, I was not convinced that any

half decent restaurants in Canada would be good value for the dollar.

I was happily surprised.

The featured menu was a shrimp-fest; there were several dishes with shrimp done in a variety of ways, steamed, sautéed, fried and accompanying other meat.

My choice was three types of shrimp in one dish - sautéed in garlic, deep fried, and steamed with a delicious sauce to dip.

It was tasty, and more ...

• than enough with rice and vegetables; in fact, I would say that it was comparable to much more exclusive seafood specialty restaurants.

The atmosphere is energetic and lively, and this evening, which happened to be a Monday, the restaurant was very busy, but we still only had a fifteen minute wait.

Even the waiting period was enjoyable-drinks in the bar, and they had a great selection of martinis featured,

so the time flew by.

The service was great, as I have come to expect from Red Lobster, and the final bill was not the usual painful shock as it usually is when dining out in Canada.

I did not have room for desert, but the desert menu looked great as well.

I will definitely eat at Red Lobster in Canada again and look very much forward to it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7603620440431/k2311a036/3.6.09