Dicetel  » Medicine  »
  • In my experience, since my diagnosis a year ago, it can be a guessing game not only to get the right prescription, but sometimes even the right dose
  • I would definitely recommend those patients newly diagnosed with IBS to ask their doctor to let them try Dicetel

• by Jessie Bahrey

For those of us who suffer from IBS or IBD, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, often there are a number of medications our doctors prescribe for us before we get the right one, or at least, the one which does the most good. In my experience, since my diagnosis a year ago, it can be a guessing game not only to get the right prescription, but sometimes even the right dose.

After talking to fellow sufferers

of this all-too-common disease, it seems common that even when a medicine is found that relieves our symptoms, the results can become less effective over time; in some cases, a different dose or a different medication entirely may be needed.

I was prescribed Dicetel for my acute case of IBS.

I did receive relief initially, within the first week.

My system seemed less ‘irritated’ generally, and some of the more gruesome aspects of the illness ...

• were either less common or less severe.

Then after about 5 weeks, the symptoms returned, not quite as bad as before my diagnosis, but enough so I went back to the doctor.

He increased my dose to two pills a day, which again seemed to work in a few weeks.

This cycle of my body seemingly becoming accustomed to the medication was repeated and finally, after increasing the dosage to 3 pills a day,

which is the maximum dose, I have settled into a more-or-less status quo state for my condition.

I have since been told that Dicetel is one of the few IBS medications that have few if any known side effects and is the most prescribed treatment for the illness.

I would definitely recommend those patients newly diagnosed with IBS to ask their doctor to let them try Dicetel.

It seems to be working for me, so far.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26603620430431/k2311a036/3.6.09