Fairmont Hot Springs Resort  » Hotels  »
1.5
5225 Fairmont Resort Road, Fairmont Hot Springs, B.C., Canada
  • The noise continued well into the evening, and although we had a small balcony in our room, the noise did not make even that a peaceful experience

• by Jessie Bahrey

Certainly not to be confused with the Fairmont group of hotels, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort attempts to promote itself as a luxurious destination, but it falls far short in that endeavor. I was looking for a quiet, relaxing get-away, somewhere where my husband and I could heal our sore bodies after skiing, and a hot springs pool sounded like a great option. The price also seemed reasonable for such a place, so after a day of cross-country skiing in the nearby wilderness,

we checked in.

While the interior of the hotel was nice enough, there were certainly no signs of richness at all; in fact, I remember the lobby and rooms being quite dark and the décor, especially the carpets, were in need of upgrading and modernization. The spa area was unimpressive, and our room was again quite dark and almost shoddy looking. We went down to the hot springs pool, which indeed was odourless, as mentioned in the brochure, but it was in a ...

• state of disrepair, with cracks in the concrete and in general appeared old and even a bit dirty. Relaxing was difficult to do given that the family pool, although out of sight of the hot springs pool, was noisy and crowded, so we heard nothing but screaming children. I suppose if my children were small, it might be a nice family type environment, but it was not what we were looking for on this trip. The noise continued well into the evening,
        and although we had a small balcony in our room, the noise did not make even that a peaceful experience.

The food in the restaurant was also a disappointment, both at dinner and in the morning; there was a decent variety of menu options, but the food was entirely over-priced, especially breakfast. The service was decent, and the our room was clean enough, but the general need for renovation and even repair throughout the resort makes Fairmont Hot Springs a wannabe luxury resort.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2603620290431/k2311a036/3.6.09