Canon IXUS 85 IS Digial Camera
  • One of the big reasons why I dislike pocket-sized cameras is because I think that the build quality suffers somewhat, as a result of many features and buttons being crammed into such a small unit
  • I like the fact that it is very solid and it was unfazed after I accidently dropped it down 2 stairs on New Years Day
  • I think that this is a very functional camera
  • Whilst the ease of use is a big feature of many pocket-sized cameras I have not really found many Canon cameras particularly easy to use, so in this respect I found the functionality surprisingly simple
  • When it comes to the capabilities of this camera I was very impressed with it

• by LSK

I have to admit that I am not really a fan of these small, super-compact cameras. The are often too crammed and fidgety to use; I much prefer slightly larger cameras which I find more use-friendly and practical.

The IXUS 85 IS is another pocket-sized offering, this time from Canon, and costs £130. When I picked this camera up I was instantly put off by the size, but in saying that I did like the design it is simple and not crammed with buttons everywhere. It also has a decent sized screen which enables you to view you pictures.

and buttons being crammed into such a small unit. I do not think that the build quality suffers on this product; I like the fact that it is very solid and it was unfazed after I accidently dropped it down 2 stairs on New Years Day!

I think that this is a very functional camera. It is not loaded with features and pretty much comes with the basic functions that you will find on modern cameras; one thing which I really like about this camera is the zoom function which is actually pretty good for a camera of this size you will find that the zoom feels a lot more than what it actually is (x3 Optical).

The Canon IXUS 85 IS is also very ...

• easy to use. Whilst the ease of use is a big feature of many pocket-sized cameras I have not really found many Canon cameras particularly easy to use, so in this respect I found the functionality surprisingly simple.

When it comes to the capabilities of this camera I was very impressed with it. I like the image reolsution which at 10 mega pixels is pretty impressive. I do think that the flash function is not the brightest, and I have experienced cameras of a similar size with brighter flash capabilities; but that said it still does the job so I do not think that this is a major disadvantage.

I think that the biggest negative which I have experienced with this camera so far is

the battery capacity, which I feel is a little bit low. I found that after a day or so of photo taking the camera signalled that the battery was dead. That said, it did not take too long to charge (about an hour or so), so I guess the message is that you should make sure that you can charge it at the end of each day of use!

Overall I think that this is a good little camera and definitely great value for the money. I think that it will really suit somebody who wants a very small camera to use on the move or a camera that will tuck into a very small bag my baby sister would love it! 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43603619980631/k2311a036/3.6.09