Samsung LE19R86BDX/XEU HD Ready Digital Television, 19 Inch
  • When it comes to digital TVs I definitely tend to be more brand-conscious than normal and prefer Samsung and Sony over pretty much all of the other brands out there
  • I think that these 2 brands make TVs with particularly good screens, and all of the Sony and Samsung TVs which I have used tend to be very functional and durable
  • This 19 Samsung TV (model LE19R86BDX/XEU) is definitely the smallest one which I have seen, but will still cost you £230
  • I love the design of this TV, which is very much in keeping with the Samsung range of TVs
  • I was really impressed with the screen and in my opinion it is noticeably better than most of the other TVs on the market, regardless of size

• by LSK

When it comes to digital TVs I definitely tend to be more brand-conscious than normal and prefer Samsung and Sony over pretty much all of the other brands out there. I think that these 2 brands make TVs with particularly good screens, and all of the Sony and Samsung TVs which I have used tend to be very functional and durable.

This 19″ Samsung TV (model LE19R86BDX/XEU) is definitely the smallest one which I have seen, but will still cost you £230. Strangely enough, I am one of those people who believes that common sense should kick-in when you are buying a TV: for me, there is no point investing in a 38 or 40″ monster when I have a small living room a TV of that size would just take over the whole space and while it

would definitely impress my mates it would nonetheless look a little silly. So I think that a TV of this size would really suit a small second living room or bedroom, and I could definitely see something like this sitting on my bedroom drawers.

I love the design of this TV, which is very much in keeping with the Samsung range of TVs. It has a very cool blue light at the bottom, and I like the fact that there are no buttons at the front they are instead tucked discretely at the side of the TV.

In terms of features I do not have much to write about this not because there are no features but more because I tend not to look for special features when it comes to TVs. It has ...

• a functional remote control and I can hook up my Xbox to it, which as far as I’m concerned is all that I really need!

But I do tend to focus a lot on the performance of the TV, and this one is no exception. The picture quality is excellent and I was very impressed with the sharpness of the image. Colours really stand out well with this product and what I do like is that fast moving images tend to remain in focus, making the image look all the more sharper. I was really impressed with the screen and in my opinion it is noticeably better than most of the other TVs on the market, regardless of size. I have to mention that even the sound is not too bad with this TV I say

this because the previous Samsung model which I actually bought had a great screen as well but poorer sound. In this case, the sound output is good and very clear, plus there are a number of sound presets to experiment with, which add more depth at the bass-end.

Overall I think that this is a great little TV; whilst it might not be big enough for a main room I think it is a great bedroom TV and offers the durability and quality that you would expect from a Samsung product. It is a little bit on the pricey side for a model so small though, but I do think that you get what you pay for where this model is concerned. I have given this TV a score of 9 out of 10, a very good product and highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16603619960631/k2311a036/3.6.09