Orville Redenbacher’s Natural Popcorn
  • The first thing I noticed as the popcorn popped was that it had a different aroma than any other popcorn I've ever had
  • I didn't really notice that much of a difference in the cooking time, but I will say that about 98% of the bag popped, which I consider to be a good thing

• by Orrymain

I’ve been a pretty loyal user of Orville Redenbacher’s microwave popcorn for years so just prepared a bag of their newest product — Orville Redenbacher’s Natural Popcorn. Per the bag, it has a reduced cooking time. Other flavors are also available, but I’ve only had the natural product.

The first thing

I noticed as the popcorn popped was that it had a different aroma than any other popcorn I’ve ever had. That’s weird to me. As a popcorn fanatic, I’ve always loved that popcorn smell. This was just really different.

The popcorn’s taste was okay. It made a satisfactory treat, but I suspect the reason for the different aroma is also the cause for a slightly different taste than I’m accustomed to. Most likely, it’s the 100% whole grain popcorn that is the culprit.

I admit it. I’m a child of the sixties. Bring on the preservatives and all that ...

edmonds says :

what are the different kinds of thier popcorn

John says :

There are several varieties available. I would refer you to the Orville website to view them all:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27603619870631/k2311a036/3.6.09