Recheks Food Pride Deli Chicken  » Food  »
  • My only real complaint about the chicken is the seasoning
  • And, given the price, it would be nice if they would include some side dishes with it

• by Steve

A couple nights ago, my wife and I realized neither of us was in the mood to make dinner. So, on my way home, I stopped by Recheks Food Pride here in Beaver Dam, WI and picked up some roasted chicken from their deli. While not as good as KFC chicken, it turned out to be a decent meal.

When you buy

chicken like that from the deli, it’s always a bit hit or miss. A lot of other stores overcook the chicken and it comes out tough and dry.

In fact, I’ve bought chicken from the local Piggly Wiggly and haven’t even been able to bite into it. Recheks seems to have their cook times down to a science.

The skin isn’t too ...

• crispy and the meat inside is moist and tender. And, unlike other stores, there is actually some meat on the bone so you can be full after a piece or two rather than having to eat the entire bag.

My only real complaint about the chicken is the seasoning. While not terrible, the chicken does tend to be a bit salty.

It’s

still edible but I have to keep a drink handy because it does tend to make me a bit thirsty. And, given the price, it would be nice if they would include some side dishes with it.

I could spend a couple dollars more and get a full meal at KFC. All I get at Recheks is a couple rolls.

Still, for a quick meal, it isn’t a bad choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27603619790631/k2311a036/3.6.09