Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Family  » TV  »
  • I think, given the fact her family is a group of jerks, it was the obvious choice

• by Steve

Willow’s girlfriend Tara has been around for some time now but has always been a bit vague in terms of her past. That’s why I actually liked the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode Family.

We learn a bit more about Tara’s family, a group of witches who seem to treat women

like second class citizens.

Basically, Tara believes she will eventually become evil and she is expected to return home and take care of the men.

Spike’s romantic interest in Buffy is becoming a bit more prominent now too considering he was fantasizing about her while having sex with Harmony (why is ...

• her character even still alive?).

It’s a bit weird he would fantasize about fighting her though.

And, we finally have a good fight scene involving the gang and a group of demons out to kill Buffy; demons that the gang can’t even see until Tara saves them by casting a spell.

/> And, did my eyes deceive me or did the episode actually celebrate the birthday of a character other than Buffy? That’s a first.

I will say it was a bit predictable that Tara picks her friends over family at the end though.

I think, given the fact her family is a group of jerks, it was the obvious choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10603619710631/k2311a036/3.6.09