Atkinson’s Long Boys  » Food  »
  • I love things that are vintage or retro looking and these little candies look like they haven't changed since they were first introduced
  • As for the taste, they actually taste like a combination or caramel and coconut, which are two tastes that I really love
  • I knew it had caramel in it, so I thought there might be some little pieces of coconut or flakes inside it, but there's just the flavor

• by Julianne Jones

Atkinson’s Long Boys were a new type of candy for me, though not for the rest of the world. These candies have been around for at least 60 years, but I had never heard of them before.

I’m the type of person who loves to try new things no matter what and

these had such a cute look that I couldn’t pass them up.

I love things that are vintage or retro looking and these little candies look like they haven’t changed since they were first introduced.

Each piece has a red, yellow and white wrapper that really looks adorable.

As for the taste,

• they actually taste like a combination or caramel and coconut, which are two tastes that I really love.

The caramel itself is very chewy, but nice and smooth at the same time.

It didn’t get stuck in my teeth like some other caramel products.

There’s a faint hint of coconut when you

first bite into one of the candies and that flavor intensifies as you chew.

I knew it had caramel in it, so I thought there might be some little pieces of coconut or flakes inside it, but there’s just the flavor.

This is really just a nice caramel with a coconut flavoring.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27503619320731/k2311a035/3.5.09