Sweetzels Spiced Wafer cookies
2.5
  • I guess these cookies aren't technically new because they've been around for a bunch of years (90 according to the company's website), but they're definitely new to my family

• by Julianne Jones

Sweetzels Spiced Wafer cookies were something I had the chance to try recently when I spent a couple of days at my parent’s house. They usually keep a few different types of cookies and candies on hands for the grandchildren and these were one of the new things they had on hand.

I

guess these cookies aren’t technically new because they’ve been around for a bunch of years (90 according to the company’s website), but they’re definitely new to my family.

They actually found these at a small dollar store in their area and when I opened the box, my mom wasn’t even sure if they’d ...

• be fresh or not.

They were, but these just aren’t the cookies for me.

I’ve never been a fan of gingerbread cookies or anything with that type of flavor.

While others in the family love gingersnaps, I just never did.

These cookies taste exactly like a gingersnap.

There’s a bit of a bite

at the end of the cookie, that comes from the use of real molasses.

I did like the way the cookies snapped and how well that held up well to milk.

These were the cookies that you can dunk and dunk again without the cookie falling apart.

I just wasn’t crazy about the taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27503619280731/k2311a035/3.5.09