Monk - The TV series  » TV  »
  • I like watching comedy TV shows but they have to be interesting as well
  • I don't like vulgar comedy or that which is developed from some one's mistakes and mishaps
  • I noticed that we all have such compulsive habits to some extent, like stepping on lines on the pavement or avoiding them
  • His fear of germs leads to many funny scenes in the series and I love each one of these episodes
  • I don't think anyone can envy Traylor Howard who plays Natalie Teeger, Monk's secretary and more, for she has to cope with Monk's idiosyncrasies and protect him from the so called normal World

• by dbhattji

I like watching comedy TV shows but they have to be interesting as well. I don’t like vulgar comedy or that which is developed from some one’s mistakes and mishaps. A comedy show can also be intelligent.

There have been many such comedy series - one of my favorites is Monk - the defective detective. The character - Adrian Monk is a very likeable and is played by Tony Shalhoub.

He is a brilliant detective but has many compulsive habits such as the need to touch

each post on the way. I noticed that we all have such compulsive habits to some extent, like stepping on lines on the pavement or avoiding them.

It is only when it starts to come in the way of our daily work that it is called abnormal. Monk also has a number of phobias approximately 250 or more, which does not decrease my respect for him because he is brilliant and tries to overcome these phobias when it comes to saving lives.

His ...

• fear of germs leads to many funny scenes in the series and I love each one of these episodes. In spite of this he solves the cases with perfect logic, that makes me wonder if all genius is idiosyncratic.

I don’t think anyone can envy Traylor Howard who plays Natalie Teeger, Monk’s secretary and more, for she has to cope with Monk’s idiosyncrasies and protect him from the so called normal World. Although it started in 2002, I am glad that they are

going to air the eighth season as well.

The opening theme “It’s a Jungle out There” by Randy Newmanis is so catching that I find myself humming it long after the episode is over. I could not watch all the episodes when they were aired, so I went and bought a DVD set of all the old seasons.

Whenever I am bored or looking for some light entertainment, I watch one or two episodes and it always lifts my mood. It is not just entertainment but also gives me food for thought.

Azriel says :

I love this series, It may seemed boring with a lead actor that was not your typical lead. I sure loved this series for being true and direct. Though of course some of it was sure to be fictional as no one would be that great in solving crimes. I would recommend this to those who love to watch crime series because this is similar to CSI as well, but with life lessons.

katrina says :

re : I like watching comedy TV shows but they have to be interesting as well
    I loved this series from the very first episode to the very last. I liked how the story evolved and how it showed that even someone that has as many phobias as Adrian Monk can still survive and thrive in this world. One episode that had me in stitches was the one that guested Snoop Dogg as Murderuss. That was classic Monk

Katherine says :

I believe it’s a great show. I liked Adrian character because he is so peculiar, so organized and neat, and so clever I love strange people (in the good way) and I always enjoy when I watch him because he is different from the rest but that makes him outstanding compared to the rest of us, he is not average, and I believe tv needs more of this, more not average characters. I like how he analyzes everything and comes to conclusions I could never imagine I am a huge fan of this show and what I take from this is how it is ok to be different, and yet you can make it In my opinion Adrian Monk made it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10503619080731/k2311a035/3.5.09