Heber Valley Railroad  » Travel  »
450 South 600 West - Heber City, Utah 84032
  • We were so impressed with the many animals we could see without needing binoculars
  • The train was a little squeaky and noisy, and it seemed pretty old and beat up, but the open car was the best place
  • We enjoyed the fresh air and unblocked view of the beautiful Deer Creek Reservoir
  • The refreshments car had amazing pictures of historical events in the railroad's history and a convenient heater to warm up after being in the open car
  • I thought the train would go a little faster than it did, but my husband pointed out that if it went faster we wouldn't be able to see all the things we saw

• by StaciC

My husband and I recently visited the Heber Valley for an Anniversary get away. While we were there we decided to take a scenic tour on the Heber Valley Railroad.

We took the lakeside Limited Scenic Tour. We were so impressed with the many animals we could see without needing

binoculars! We saw eagles, deer, elk and rabbits! The train was a little squeaky and noisy, and it seemed pretty old and beat up, but the open car was the best place. It was in January with snow all around, but it wasn’t as cold as we thought it would ...

• be. We enjoyed the fresh air and unblocked view of the beautiful Deer Creek Reservoir. The refreshments car had amazing pictures of historical events in the railroad’s history and a convenient heater to warm up after being in the open car!

The tour was about 2 hours long, including a brief

stop to let snow tubers out along the way. We had so much fun and enjoyed the relaxing tour. I thought the train would go a little faster than it did, but my husband pointed out that if it went faster we wouldn’t be able to see all the things we saw!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38503618870631/k2311a035/3.5.09