The Hotel Windsor in Melbourne, Australia  » Hotels  »
The Hotel Windsor, 111 Spring St Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia (03) 9633 6000
  • But I know it's not for everyone, so if your there on business and you absolutely need the net then I definitely do not recommend it, but if your going to get away from it all it really isn't that bad
  • Where as price I think it's reasonable but I know there are a lot of better hotel which has a lot of amenities for the same price though

• by Sassa22

I go to Melbourne a lot since most of my cousins are there and once in a while they are inclined to have a wedding or so, which is understandable, whenever I go there I always stay in some or the other hotel and so use to the place I even know the directions blindfolded. My cousin recommended the Hotel Windsor this time considering it’s close to where they stay and close to where the wedding was to be held and

it was well known.

I had never stayed there before, we booked it for a week, which was really hard to get into but finally they had a deluxe suite and we registered for it.

As I arrived it really looked like a monumental building but in the same way old Hollywood glamour with their top hats and tradition.

The concierge about our reservations but they took an half an hour to actually give us our keys.

We went to our ...

• room to find that it was really traditional, I mean really traditional, really outdated but it was a bit homey which was nice.

It was relaxing, I could go out and come in without a hitch, there wasn’t any problems per say but it did lack in the facilities department I tried to finish a bit of work but there wasn’t really any amenities which you usually see in other hotels it really needs an update.

But in this modern world

it was nice to think to myself and not be so rushed.

But I know it’s not for everyone, so if your there on business and you absolutely need the net then I definitely do not recommend it, but if your going to get away from it all it really isn’t that bad.

Where as price I think it’s reasonable but I know there are a lot of better hotel which has a lot of amenities for the same price though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2503618390531/k2311a035/3.5.09