Greater Union Cinemas at George Street, Sydney  » Movies  »
  • I love movies, and the first thing I asked my wife was the cinemas here
  • They also provide Gold Class cinema where you can experience first-class service
  • You can definitely stretch your legs and relax

• by Vincent Aseron

If you’re new from Sydney and looking for a cinema to watch a movie, then you better stop by Greater Union. I’ve been here since January 2009 and I’m having a great time. I love movies, and the first thing I asked my wife was the cinemas here. She said we should try this big venue at George Street. One of the things she told me was they charge half the price every

Tuesday. From where I came from (Philippines), we usually watch on weekends. But here, we watch Tuesday nights because of the low price.

Greater Union is a chain of cinema multiplexes in Australia. You can check the official website, www.greaterunion.com.au, for other venues. And because our crib’s just a couple of blocks from George Street, I’m only reviewing the George Street cinema.

The one in George Street have 21 movies to offer. They also ...

• provide Gold Class cinema where you can experience first-class service. There’s a waiter service even while you’re watching. The reclining Moran armchairs are snappy. It’s almost like you’re not in a cinema. You can definitely stretch your legs and relax. Obviously, it’s a bit expensive. But if you want to feel like a celebrity for a couple of hours, then this one’s for you. This is definitely where the red carpet premiere happens.

You

can purchase tickets online, so be sure to arrive on time. Customer service is excellent. People are organized. Seats are very comfortable. The sound system’s just fine. But there’s Gold Class, so that’s an alternative…no worries. Just remember that Tuesday is an important day of the week here in Australia if you want to see a movie, and if you’re being thrifty, especially with the recession and all. Well, can’t wait for Tuesday.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11503618030531/k2311a035/3.5.09