Warn manual locking wheel hubs  » Cars  »
  • I'm glad I spent the money on them, and the simplicity of their design means I can count on them working when I need them the most

• by rob

My 91 F150 has the dreaded auto locking hubs on the Dana 44 front axle. Sure enough, both failed at the same time.

Warn manual hubs seem to be the choice of hardcore offroaders or daily driver 4×4’s. Since we had a snow storm coming, I needed to replace my hubs pronto.

I picked up a set of the

Warn standard locking hubs. They do have a premium set, but I felt those would be overkill.

Installation was ridiculously simple and took about 20 minutes in total working at a leisurely pace. No wheel removal needed.

Yes they look nice with the chrome finish, but man do these things work. I immediately took my truck into my ...

• back field to try them out in deep snow. The dial rotates easily and there is no clunking or any ungodly noises from the hubs. What I didn’t realize is before my auto hubs failed completely, they were engaging/disengaging. With the Warns now, I’m fully looking in forward or reverse gears. I was plowing through snow like
        never before!

Now that I’ve put them in, I’m a firm believer in a good set of manual hubs. Autos will fail when you need them the most.

I’m glad I spent the money on them, and the simplicity of their design means I can count on them working when I need them the most.

Go pick up a set……no disappointments here!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9403617761131/k2311a034/3.4.09