The 81st Academy Awards  » Entertainment  »
  • But I didn't like the fact that although they gave the best supporting actor Oscar to Heath Leger, They didn't honor him in the In Memoriam List

• by Aisi

I never really watch the Academy Awards but I don’t know why this time I did and I liked the whole concept. I watched the 81st Annual academy awards Live early morning due to the time difference here. I was really amazed to see the red carpet all the stars wearing gorgeous gowns and classy suits plus giving their interviews.

And I was more eager to see

the Slum dog millionaire cast, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. The Kodak Theater was ornamented beautifully with a Swarovski crystal curtain placed above the stage.

Once the Awards had started I saw Hugh Jackman was announced as the host of this prestigious event. He had given a wonderful Broadway performance and his jokes were hilarious which kept me content the whole time.

But I didn’t ...

• like the fact that although they gave the best supporting actor Oscar to Heath Leger, They didn’t honor him in the In Memoriam List. The presenters looked ravishing except for Ben Stiller I mean what he was thinking the get up was not helping in his comedic spoof while presenting.

However, I loved the concept of getting the previous Oscar winners to present the Best Actor/Actress nominees.

/> The event was really elegant and chic.

The performance of A. R.

Rahman and John Legend were extremely fantastic and was much better with a mix of Indian fusion. But in the end, Winner takes all and that was Slum dog millionaire they took around 8 Oscars For Best Director, Best Picture, Best Screenplay to name a few.

Nevertheless, I felt that this time the Academy did do a good job as compared to the previous events.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59403617441031/k2311a034/3.4.09