Bean Pod Universal Nike+ Sensor Holder
  • I think it only works with running or jobbing
  • The Nike+ sensor set I have does not come with a separate pocket, which is why I bought this

• by Rhonlynn

Nike has teamed up with Ipod to provide a nifty work out application for the Ipod Nano, and the Ipod Touch. It is called Nike+. It is an application that measure your distance, calories, time you run. I think it only works with running or jobbing.

I’ve tried it on an elliptical trainer, and it doesn’t seem to sense movement. Nike+ involves wearing a sensor, in the Nike+ shoe while the Ipod is attached to a receiver. The receiver senses the sensor, and begins the workout.

I hope everybody who decides to purchase the Nike+ set and has an Ipod Touch made after 09/2008 reads here

first. The Ipods made after 09/2008 have a receiver already inside them, and do not need the sensor + receiver set. But, they do require a sensor.

The Bean Pod is made for those of us who do not wear the Nike shoe with the sensor pocket. The Bean Pod is placed on the shoe, as it is laced. The Bean Pod is an elastic band.

The shoe is laced between the elastic band. It is a approximately 2 inch x 1 inch firm elastic pocket, that sits on the front of the laced shoe. The front of the Bean Pod has a label that says,

• “Bean pod” on it.

When it is turned around, there is a pocket for the sensor to rest in. The sensor is sits at the tongue of the shoe. I placed the Bean Pod on my shoe, and then, with force (probably cause of the newness), I turned the Bean Pod around, and beneath it, is the pocket.

I placed the sensor into the pocket. The pocket is little, but covers the sensor entirely. The sensor is secure in the pocket, in front of the laces.

I’m not sure that Nike sells a pocket for the Sensor. The Nike+ sensor set I have does

not come with a separate pocket, which is why I bought this. The Bean Pod set comes with two elastic Bean Pods for wearing in different shoes.

As for the sensor staying secure, I ran/jogged/walked about . 75th of a mile. I could not tell I was wearing the Bean Pod on my shoe, which is a plus, and the sensor remained tucked in the pocket, secure at all times.

The sensor and Ipod touch communicated with each other, so the Bean Pod does not prevent any interference. I am very pleased with the Bean Pod. Frankly, without it, the Nike+ is not useful, unless you purchase the Nike + shoe.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 55303616890831/k2311a033/3.3.09